Those women are who I'm thankful for this year.
- I'm thankful for those who were consistent with their messages to steop being a martyr
- I'm thankful for those who reminded me that I'm not the mom
- I'm thankful for those who read this blog and remind me I'm not alone
- I'm thankful for those who comment on this blog and offer great advice or questions
- I'm thankful for anyone who has emailed me with words of encouragement, stories or any advice about how to be a better woman or a better stepmom
- I'm thankful for my husband who works amazingly hard so our whole family can have what we need and want
- I'm thankful for my stepkids who really are great kids that I'm not even sure how I lucked out getting to parent
- I'm thankful for my great parents -- all of them -- that raise me well despite my being a major brat
- I'm thankful for my wonderful siblings that wound up being really cool despite my not wanting them around 17 years ago
- I'm thankful for my employer who lets me take risks and have fun yet still work hard
- I'm thankful for my cats who always seem to know when I need to rest -- Particularly Puppy Cat -- who will plop down on my chest as if to say "SLEEP NOW MOMMY!"
- I'm thankful for the people that listen to Peggy and I talk about stepmom issues on our radio show
- I'm thankful for the people that write in to the Stefamily Letter Project which reminds me that I'm not alone or that my life could be so much more chaotic
- I'm thankful for my Stepchicks, whose dontations saved our site for the next several years!
So thank you to the village that helped keep me sane this year. You have no idea how grateful I am for you.