After much contemplation, excitement, overjoyed and rambunctious e-mails to members of the Stepmom Posse as well as a few beers and some wings at BW3, I've decided I want to write a book.
One of the things that I love most about writing this blog, aside from the fact that I can write dirty words on it and no one gets mad at me, is that it -- and by extension, I -- helps answer questions a lot of stepmoms have.
I love helping people out. I love finding answers to questions and learning something in the process. I love making people laugh and I love the special stepmom connection I feel with so many of the wonderful people that read this blog.
All of that being said, I've decided I want to try and piece together a humorous advice book for anyone who's ever known, been or may think they want to be a stepmom.
But I need your help. I need to know what you've always wanted to know about being a Stepmom but were too afraid to ask.
- Is it okay to have sex while my partner's kids are at our house?
- Am I within my rights to demand my stepdaughter not eat my Cheerios?
- What clothes can I avoid to make me look less soccer mom and more sexy SMILF?
- Why do my stepkids not understand showering? Or deodorant?
- Is it okay to go AWOL on my birthday?
- Do I really need to invite my stepkids to our wedding?
- Should I hire security to keep his ex away?
- Is it possible to have a 'Stepmom Shower' if I'm not having my own children but am marrying into them?
- How many chores is too many chores for my stepkids?
You get the idea? Good.
Now, in order to turn this into a book you won't be able to put down, I need a few hundred questions to volley at the Stepmom Posse (who have all graciously agreed to help answer any and all questions our fellow Stepmoms have...no matter how crass, gross, embarrassing, funny, or serious.)
Can I count on y'all for your help?
Awesome. To submit a question, e-mail me at erin [at] erinexperiment [dot] com. I promise to keep you posted on the status of this little ditty...and if we make the New York Times Best Seller list....well, then...drinks on me.