Seriously, I practically piddle in my panties every time someone leaves a comment on this blog and when I read what awesome things you have to say it almost makes me verklempt.
One of the things I love about blogging are the people I've gotten to know online and vice versa. I never realized when I started this crazy blog that it would be something people might look forward to reading. Imagine my giddiness when folks like the lovely Miss Stepalicious over at http://stepalicious.com/ told me I'd received an Honest Scrap Award.
Per Stepalicious' post, the rules of scrap award are there are no rules. Just kidding. I'm apparently supposed to write 10 things about myself and then pass this award along to other blogs.
So here it goes.
10 Things About Me
- I am writing a book. A memoir actually. It's in its infancy and I'm hopeful that an agent and publisher will want to take it on (p.s., if you are or know an agent or publisher, please let me know) so that everyone can be reading my witty prose a year from now.
- My mom and dad are divorced and I have both a stepfather and a stepmother. I've had blended family practice sine I was 12 which might be why I'm so used to it.
- I have an iPhone. I've had it since May and can't figure out how I lived without it. My favorite Apps are: Got2Pee, WhiteNoise, Shopper, Solitare and SmackTalk
- High school and college were my least favorite parts of my life. I was awkward and had a hard time fitting in with one particular group. In college, I was battling depression and the fact that my cherry was still intact.
- My mother is my best friend followed by my sister and then my husband. My mom, sister and I are like three peas in a pod and act so much like one another it's ridiculous.
- I met my husband on Match.com on July 30, 2003. Our 4th weddding anniversary is August 6. (tomorrow/today, depending on when you read this).
- My birthday is February 7 and I've always treated it like it should be a national holiday. I'm a huge b-day celebrator and celebrate most people's birthdays almost more than they do.
- I am an organizing freak. It drives my husband up a wall sometimes because I'll organize our family into freak-outs over where a certain piece of paper went, but for the most part, when I'm bored or anxious, I organize.
- I love the Golden Girls and Sex and the City. I have a theory that every 10 years, one network creates a show about 4 women and how they relate to one another and it becomes a huge hit and syndicates itself right into my heart. I'm torn on which show claims the prize for the 'nauties.
- I brake for school supplies. I'm a huge hoarder this time of year. If there's a school supply on sale, it's usually in my basket or at home. It helps a lot by mid-February when the kids have run out of glue or staples or pens, but it's a total pain explaining to my husband why we needed 4 packs of highlighters on August 1.
Those are my 10 things. Now for the best part: Awards to other bloggeristas! There are so many wonderful ladies to choose from I'm afraid my brain might burst from all of the thinking...
- La Belle Mere/Confused Musings of a Stepmom on the Edge -- OH MY GOD this girl rocks my kasbah. She's a totally hip Brit and I almost have a stepmom girl crush on her she's so awesome.
- The Stepmom's Toolbox -- Peggy has given me some seriously great advice on my own blog and hers is full of practical advice.
- No One's the Bitch. Jennifer Newcome Marine and Carol Marine rock my world. Their book, their site, their humor make me wish I lived down in Austin.
- Becoming a Stepmom. Another site (and another stepmom) that make me so glad to be in the company of great stepmamas.
- I don't know if I can give Stepalicious the same award she gave me, but I'm going to buck tradition an do it anyway because her blog rocks :-)